Every year, people 'get all sad' on the anniversary of Kurt Cobain's death. Feel kinda weird when people 'mourn the death of music' when a celeb dies too early. Sure he was a chill bro, an 'authentic artist' [via heavy drug usage], and 'had no bad intentions', but I think I'm just kinda bitter and jealous that I am not perceived as being as revolutionary as certain bros.
Don't really have a problem with CobainBro, but just kinda 'baffles me' when certain bands and artists are 'mourned' if they expire prematurely. I wonder if people are 'sadder' about the 'assassination' of John Lennon, or if they feel alright with his death since his 'best days of music' were probably 'behind him.' Wonder if we could have made a movie like 'Walk the Line' [via Johnny Cash [subvia Joaquin Phoenix]] about Cobain if he had 'got clean' and 'stayed alive.'
There are certain artists who are apparently 'shattering genres' and 'changing the way that young people think about the concept of COOL.' Want 2 be one of them, just like the Nirvana. Just hard 4 me to believe that Nirvana was 'that different.' I think the song "Smells Like Teen Spirit" sounds exactly like the Brittney Spears song "Circus." Just hard for me to imagine how Nirvana could have been that different if the only way for 'kewl music' to 'get out there' was because MTV+radio 'said so.'
Important statements about Nirvana.
- Nirvana wasn't that good.
- The Foo Fighters are better than Nirvana [via Dave Grohl]
- 86% of generation Y have not listened to "Smells Like Teen Spirit" all the way through
- If you listen to 'good music' today, your favourite bands will not list Nirvana as 'an influence' unless they are 'huge ass holes' or 'from Seattle.'
- I think Nirvana's brand was 'not giving a fuck.' Kinda wish they were around now so the modern celebrity blogosphere could 'brand them as being ass holes.' Would have liked to read about Cobain's death on Perez Hilton, then have 'Perez' scold Cobain for 'being a fucking junky.'
- I think that Ryan Adams and Kurt Cobain might have 'similar brands', but think Ryan Adams will never kill himself because he is fortunate enough to be obsessed with himself. He also has the power of the internet to 'keep himself busy' when he is 'alone.'
- Think that Kurt Cobain wouldn't have killed himself if he had the sense of community that comes with joining a social network.
- I feel sad when some1 plays the intro of "Smells Like Teen Spirt" on guitar, and then sing the lyrics like they are 'meaningful.'
- Courney Love is in a band called HOLE
- Pitchfork would have given the 'best' Nirvana album a 4.7
- People who still go to 'mourn the death' of Kurt Cobain are people who think that 'life is a music festival.' These people are hopefully going to be priced out of the modern music festival so that tweens can have a safer/more sponsor-friendly experience.
- Wish that more people used Cobain symbolism, kind of like dumb people use Che Guevara/Bob Marley. But I think he just 'killed himself' for no real 'good reason' than 'being tortured' when he actually had a pretty good artistic setup, authentic family, and could probably get paid for the rest of his life and eventually 'figure out the internet' and say 'fuck record labels' and give away their music for free [via iPhone app]
Miss u bro. Wish u could have made an indie album in the late 90s.
I think maybe I just feel threatened by Kurt Cobain because if he had kept making music, indie, bloghouse and electro would have never happened.
How do u think UR WORLD would have been diff if Kurt Cobain had stayed around?
Wonder who the most important Seattle band of all time is. Maybe Death Cab. Worried that Portland is the new Seattle. Feel weird when I interact with GenXers who are still 'obsessed' with Nirvana/Hootie and the Blowfish.
I'll bet Kurt Cobain is somewhere in heaven thinking, "MAN! I WISH I HAD STAYED ALIVE! CHECK OUT THAT BANGIN BIKINI BOD ON MY WIFEY!"
My ex passed away, and i am certain that he is not thinking of me, but at the same time, I would guess he is BURNING IN HELL. he was an a-hole who cheated on me like crazy, and one time he had sex with his mistress in our living room while I was MAKING THEM a frickin DiGiorno for dinner. I mean CMON. I was sad when he was in a construction accident, but it turns out his mistress was his commonlaw wife and now she is a millionaire because he died on the job! #FML
Coutrney Love LOOKS GOOD, bb!
Age is JUST A NUMBER... Unfortunately, WEIGHT isn't just a number, and it will be a while b4 I get to wear anything remotely sexi. As for now, I'll stay in my stretchy black pants.
Miley bb! U look real, real, realllll goood.
Whose that man on ur shirt? Ur BF?
OMG it is Kurt Cobain. I honestly used to date a guy who looked exactly like him. Honestly, his life ended the exact same way. He shot himself in the face. It was real sad. The saddest part was that he was completely not troubled at all, and he left a very rational suicide note that explained that I drove him to kill himself. Do u know how that feels? #bummed
Honestly my life has never been the same since, but Miley looks GOOD wearing his shirt, showing off her sexie shoulder. I have 2 many shoulder rolls to wear a tank top or spaghetti strap. rlly need 2 hit the gym ASAP.
Miley LOOKS EFFING GOOD <3 <3 <3
Kurt who? #TeamNickelback
Kurt Cobain died a long time ago... but that doesn't mean rocknroll died! Miley is here to POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME and ROCK IT HARD...
In my opinion, Kurt Cobain was NEVER that good... He was overrated, and a LOONEY drug addict. Sorta reminds me of my ex. No, not just because they both shot themselves due to the dark demons that they were battling, but also because he was a VERY talented person who worked Sundays at IHOP making balloon animals for children. Honestly, I miss him... but I wish I was worth staying alive for...
Miley FIXED this song and made it sound REAL GOOD. It truly does smell like teen spirit :-)
Kurt Cobain who? #TeamMiley!
<3 <3 <3
Miley is a TRUE rock star... <3 <3 <3 her
Jared Leto does everything he can to prove that he is the greatest actor, musician, and the most alternative man alive. He honestly believes that he is a deity, and that he can do anything he wants because he is a pure and creative spirit with an endless imagination. While some say that he is 'insane' and 'out of touch', others believe that he is the most beautiful soul alive.
Anyways, to celebrate the anniversary of Kurt Cobain's death, he dressed up like Kurt Cobain and made this video, basically to say "Yes. I could have been a better version of Kurt Cobain." Here is what he posted on his blogspot, trying to explain why he made the video.
I heard today was the day Kurt passed away 17 years ago. Can’t believe it’s been that long. So grateful for his contribution and inspiration. Not sure I’d be doing this if it weren’t for him. He gave us all permission to create no matter what our skill set and reminded me that dreams are possible. Thanks for that. This made me recall a short piece of film I shot when I heard they were making a film celebrating his life. I made it to explore the character and explore creative possibilities. I never sent it to the studio or to anyone but thought I’d share it now…
Poor Jared Leto. All he wanted was the lead role + to write and direct the Kurt Cobain story. Now all he has 2 show 4 it is a youtube video that looks like a tween made to be 'edgy.'
Does JLetbro look 'exactly like Kurt Cobain'?
Do u think Jared Leto's buzzband 30 seconds from mars would have been 'more influential' than Nirvana if they were created in the 1990s?
Does Jared Leto 'look hot' in stereotypical grunge clothes?
Do u think Jared Leto is a 'more authentic version of Kurt Colby'?
Will Jared Leto be remembered as 'being more influential' than Nirvana?
Is JLeto 'insane' or just a 'pure artist'?
Will Jared Leto 'commit suicide' bc the world doesn't understand him?